Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Attempts to Speak after 2 Days of Esperanto

So I've been doing Esperanto for two days now! I know it's not very much, but I've already chatted (over text) with some people in Esperanto. I'm finding it easy to understand what they say to me, probably due to the similarities between Esperanto and English, but I need to use a dictionary for a lot of the things I try to say. I'm trying to find some people on Skype that I can practice Esperanto with also, but so far I've had no such luck.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with the little bit of progress that I've made in just these two days. I've been working on it a lot. Seriously. I'm doing three courses on memrise, working through a course and chatting with others on lernu.net, and plowing through Kurso de Esperanto, which lets me get personal feedback from an instructor.

I have to say, Esperanto is really easy. The grammar is (practically) non-existent, so I took about 2 minutes to read through what the different word endings referred to, and now I've completely finished my grammar study of Esperanto.
The vocabulary is very easy to learn. Most of the words are similar to their corresponding word in English, and for the ones that aren't, I've been creating a mnemonic image to help remember them.

I think that's all I have to say for now!
Mi vidos vin! Ĝis!

------------------
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to check out my other blog!
If you have any questions, comments, critiques, requests, etc., then please, feel free to leave a comment below and I'll be sure to respond as soon as possible!
------------------

2 comments:

  1. cool... visit my blog http://iqbalwp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you post a comment, please make sure that it adds to the discussion; don't just post a link to your site please. You can link to your site if you want, but don't make that the only thing in the post.

      Delete